View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #465
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterry View Post
Hello. Please help me!
I am preparing the usb flash to downgrade and debrick my KT (now it has FW 5.3.2.1.), but I am not so expert, so I fear to make a mistake and destroy my Kindle.
1) I downloaded Kubrick-usb-base.img and I copied it in the usb key (using W32diskimager)
2) I downloaded LIVE CD ISO image
3) I opened in the usb flash the file kubrick-usb-base.img and I found 2 directories: one BOOT and another one EFI (with the subdirectory BOOT)
3) Have I to insert BOOT.ISO in this last directory (EFI, subdir BOOT) or in the single BOOT directory? I use Windows 7 32 bit
4) then I reboot the laptop with F12 or F8 and choosing the boot from usb and I follow the instructions.
is it correct? Please assure me about number 3:
Thanks. Sorry for my bad English
Yes, in the green one. The full file path will be efi/boot/boot.iso (or, for instance, F:\efi\boot\boot.iso if you speak Windows - the F: is just an example, substitute with the drive letter of the USB drive).

PS: If your 5.3.2.1 FW is working and you only want to jailbreak it, you don't necessarily have to downgrade. Just carefully read the instructions Kubrick gives you, and choose to jailbreak without overwriting the firmware.

Last edited by ixtab; 06-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote