Thread: sigil crashes?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I'm running win xp pro with service pack 3, and Sigil. (0.3.4 QT 4.7.0) often crashes for no apparent reason (sometimes when I'm working on a large file, but sometimes with a very small one. When it crashes, a notice comes up that Sigil must close, and then it closes - usually without a chance to save what I've been working on. I thought perhaps my win xp had become corrupted so I did a full upgrade with my system disk but that didn't help. Next, I uninstalled Sigil and reinstalled it. Problem still persists...

What else could I try to eliminate the Sigil crashes?
Reporting the OS and version is a good first step.

What were you doing (in Sigil ) just before the crash?
Search and Replace over many tabs? Cut and Paste? Book View or Code View? Just
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote