View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #56
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
If I recall correctly, my fever also hit 105, but no one came to apologize. All I got out of it was a forced cold shower, which is the last thing is the world you feel like taking when your temperature's that high.

No passing out, though.
They were idiots acting out a play that had been written long ago with floggings and other means of strong arm coercion.

That was why they were so jumpy and would get glassy eyed about "rounds missing" or hidden somewhere.

We had a hundred rifles, cleaned, well oiled and ready to go in the racks, over by each Barracks' back door, and were trained well in their use.

Last edited by frahse; 10-20-2012 at 06:27 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote