View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #13
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry, but I beg to differ. A publisher is free to impose whatever sales restriction they wish on an item. That does not make it "legitimate" to take that item without paying for it merely because you disagree. It's their property to do with as they wish.
It's their right to make such a restriction and it doesn't make piracy ethically supportable in my opinion but that doesn't mean it's the smartest decision they could make. Maybe I'm just uncharitable in my estimation of human tendencies. I think there are quite a few people who will do what's right even if it involves some sacrifice. I think most people want to be good, want to be thought of as good, but if doing the right thing is inconvenient and they know they won't get caught, they'll do the selfish thing.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote