View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #9
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Not the smartest way to go about this by Amazon!
That's the understatement of the week.

First, they pop up a warning that the program is about to expire. No mention of when that will happen; no advice about how to deal with it; no link for downloading a new version.

Then, after it has actually expired, they pop another equally unhelpful message, and the program refuses to load.

And if you do succeed in figuring out where to download the new version, and you go ahead and install it, it still might not work at first. That's because the previous version is still loaded in memory after it issued the above warning (even though you can't see it). And that clashes with the new version that you are now trying to run. (You can easily get past that simply by exiting the program and then re-loading it, but how are you supposed to know that?)

As a software developer, I have designed and programmed numerous applications over the years. If they behaved as badly as this one, my clients would have ditched me years ago.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote