View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althelney View Post
Out of curiosity, what front-lit reader did you end up getting?
PocketBook Touch Lux 623. They are not manufactured anymore, they were replaced by PB 625 Touch Lux 2, which I do not like as much as my older device.
Even with PocketBook you have several means of downloading content to your device - email, dropbox, browser, there is even an ftp server for the device that runs on Wifi. You start ftp server on reader and upload files from PC. Do NOT buy the new PocketBook 650 Ultra yet, the firmware is't on par with the older devices (still better than Kindle IMHO)

If I was shopping for a new device today, I would have a very detailed look at
Quote:
Onyx BOOX AfterGlow 2 – 6″ E Ink HD touchscreen e-book reader with Dual-Core processor, built-in light, IVONA Text-To-Speech system and Google Play store. Powered by Android 4.2
or
Quote:
Onyx BOOX T68 Lynx – 6.8″ E Ink ULTRA HD touchscreen e-book reader with Google Play & light built-in
There is interesting device coming from PocketBook - PocketBook 630 Fashion - the smallest 6" device. It has very narrow bezel, [almost unusable(*)] buttons at the back, built in magnets at the back and front, so you can easily make a very minimalistic cover for it.
I have a sinking feeling that it will have the same firmware as PocketBook 650 Ultra, so I would wait until reviews confirm that the worst issues in the new generation of firmware have been adressed.

(*) I know the buttons are almost unusable, because PB Ultra that I have tested has exactly the same buttons on the back.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote