View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:15 AM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot change margins in paged mode. Margins in paged mode are created by CSS3 columns. You could in theory change the CSS the viewer uses for that, but it will break many things.
Hi Kovid;

Thanks for your answer, just one more question: I was able to see that Viewer, in paged mode, when we set margins by hand, by means of "Preferences", the properties "width" and "column-width" are equals and the property "column-gap" is equal to left-margin plus right margin (and column-width + column-gap = window.innerWidth). Of that way, for example if I want a margins (left and right) of 50px, and I have a window.innerWidth of 500px, by setting a "width:400px", "column-width:400px" and "column-gap:100px", in theory it should work. But it doesn't When I modified by hand, with the Viewer Inspector, the values of "width", "column-width" and "column-gap", or the Viewer enters in scroll-mode, or margins are asimetrical. So, are there others variables involved besides width, column-width and column-gap? Many thanks in advance.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote