View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #43
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I guess it's nice for those who want it — but I think "down the road" when the battery goes kaput, is it going to be impossible to replace, like the new Oasis? From my personal viewpoint, I would rather have a non-waterproof device where the battery can be replaced.
How far down the road do you want? My Aura that I bought refurbished in April 2016 is still humming along and shows no signs of slowing. So is the old Nook ST w Glowlight that I bought in 2013.

I'd rather have a waterproof reader that I can take worry free into the tub for five years than a reader with a replaceable battery (both would be even better, I suppose).
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote