View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #44
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMzizi View Post
I have just been playing around with some documents, and notice that document metadata is not copied into the metadata dialogue in writer2epub…
Hello Peter,

I wish to improve the metadata handling in W2E, but I still need to understand what is better.

We can get metadata from multiple source:
1) filename: the filename can contain author/title/other infos.
2) native document metadata: many document formats (.ost, rtf, .doc…) can store some metadata. The document title, the creator and other data can be available in such fles.
3) special W2E metadata fields: to better handle the metadata, W2E adds many user fields to the original documents. So, the document can embed some data difficult to fit in the field of naive documents (like original title, first publishing date, isbn and so on)

Now I ask to all:
what must I do when one or more of the data sorce are available? Must I replace 3) with 2) if 2) is present? Or 3) must overwrite 2)?
Other suggestions?

thanks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote