View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #47
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
I wouldn't call myself a Dickens "lover," though I certainly don't hate him.

What I find disheartening is so many people I'm exposed to who declare they hate this or that "classic" book because their only encounter with it was being assigned (i.e. forced) to read it in school.

What is it about so many schools that seem to do the opposite of what they intend---instill a love of reading and literature?

To the "haters" out there who had that type of bad school experience, give Dickens and those other classics another try on your own time. You may be surprised how enjoyable they are when the onus of being forced to read them is off.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote