View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashfulbanshee View Post
It shows time and time again that the most successful self-published books are the ones that look the most professional and *don't* look self-published. (http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/ See #8).
Konrath is an ass. Plain and simple. He's #9. He has most of his eBooks in various formats. He gets to be popular and sell well. Then he turns and screws a lot of his fans. He even goes as far as telling people who want Shaken to buy it from Amazon and convert it using Calibre. Well, I know there are lots of people who don't do that and won't do that. He doesn't care. I don't mind his eBooks at Amazon. I mind his attitude and the exclusivity he's decided to go with. This is not what a lot of his fans want.

If my mother had to buy from Amazon and convert to ePub, she'd not have any eBooks sold by Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote