View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #2742
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
As Napoleon was credited with saying, Ask anything of me but time. Time is too short for me to waste time listening to a book that I'm not enjoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
It doesn't sound like enjoyment was the primary purpose or goal. Whether the material serves trichobezoar's purposes is another question.
Thank you, Taosaur. Indeed, I was listening to The Power of Now for information, not to be entertained. It is poetic--the words poetic mysticism come to mind. One could compare Eckhart Tolle's words to Kahlil Gibran's. Both enlightened beings, in my opinion. I had a hard time listening to his audiobook because of the obstacles within (psychological hindrances). You have to be in a certain frame of mind to listen--open-minded and willing.

The Power of Now isn't for everyone. It's for those who are seeking something beyond the superficial--nuggets of truth and pearls of wisdom.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote