View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #2733
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I didn't even notice that you referred to her as Donada Peters. You wrote Peters, I read May; she's always Nadia* May to me for the same reason. (The first book I listened to her by her was D.H. Lawrence's The Rainbow.)

*I was startled to discover that she pronounces Nadia as "Naydia." In my head, I had read it as "Nahdia." I prefer the latter, but it's her (fake) name, so so be it.
My first with her (as Donada Peters) was West With the Night, by Beryl Markham, where her understated narration allowed the eloquent description and story to shine through. I no longer remember which book it was where I first encountered her as Nadia May, except that I remember being perplexed by thinking how much Ms. May sounded like Ms. Peters. (This was in the 80's, well before there was such a thing as a World Wide Web in which to look them up!) And yes, I'd always pronounced it as "Nahdia" as well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote