View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post
Sometimes they call it an "Editor Pane", other times an "Editor Overview Pane" or "Editor" (this last one isn't helpful AT ALL for search!):

And even a lot of their official posts are inconsistent.
This is what whetted my appetite ==>> https://www.zdnet.com/article/micros...better-writer/

Quote:
And the new Editor Pane won't work if you disable "Intelligent Services" . . .

If you enable that, you also agree to share your info with . . .
Not sure if that's entirely true.

I also have a suspicion that it gets re-enabled if you have Mark grammar errors as you type and/or Check grammar with spelling checked, without so much as a 'by your leave sir/madam'. More testing needed.

Quote:
Nice, let us know how it works. The information about it is pretty sparse online:

There are only ~9500 hits for "Editor Pane" + "Microsoft Word", most of it was articles parroting off the same talking points from Microsoft's blog. No real info, just the same copied/pasted paragraphs.

I doubt there's any in-depth review of this thing.
Yeah I know, and most of items are quite old - if you limit search to Past Year you get sweet bugger all... nearly.

Those who have the knowledge to do an impartial review don't write for the hoi-polloi, and those that have the knowledge don't write reviews for software. Most internet hacks would scratch their heads wondering what giving birth or designing transport corridors has to do with writing, and couldn't differentiate a past participle from their grannies left gumboot

Whoops, hit Submit when I wanted Preview - to be continued

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-17-2018 at 09:10 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote