View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #18
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
That problem is, "how do we fit into the world we helped create?", and right now Apple doesn't seem to be able to answer that question with confidence.
I like this, but I don't agree. Apple has never been able to coexist (I wish I could make that with all the symbols). When the home computer came about, Apple was there with something original. Atari and Commodore produced similar computers at a lower cost and Apple moved on to a different kind of computer with a graphical computer interface. When Microsoft entered that space, Apple floundered. Skully was brought in to help Jobs run the company, then Jobs left, then Skully left, then Jobs came back with a new product -- the iPod. Along again, Apple thrived. They made everything about the iPod and were successful. The iPod changed size and shape, learned to make phone calls, and surf the internet -- keeping Apple alone. Now others have entered that arena and it's time for Apple to find something amazing to call their own.

Incremental improvement in existing products with more competitive prices will not save Apple.

Anecdote: I was in Walt Disney World last week. You can get a good feel for the State of the Apple in such places. I only saw one person using an ipad on the four flights I took. In the parks, fewer people were taking pictures/videos with their iPads (they all hold them over their heads during fireworks and parades).
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote