View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #23
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Katie1:
Let me get this straight - I can use my Kindle 3 (keyboard) or DXG wall charger for the KFHD? Are you certain? Europe electricity is different, but the adapters are rated to include it when I charge the Kindles. I am a bit panicky about doing anything that might harm the unit!
This is correct. The only time you should really be worried is if the watts is much higher, which in this case isn't. Especially with electronics like tablets and phones, they're all going to have very similar specifications. It has actually been a few years since they forced standards which now allows you to to do this.

I have charged iPhones with the Kindle Keyboard wall plug. I've actually charged my iPad Mini with it too. I have stuck my iPhone USB cord into a Samsung branded wall plug aswell. If you hook up an incompatible cord, for like say a short camera one and it's too weak, it simply won't let you charge or do any file transfers with it.

The only reason they put warnings is because those are the only cords *tested* to work with the device in question, and so that people don't just stick things in because it fits.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote