View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 03:18 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValTim View Post
Is there a problem with Quicksand as font? Why do you remove it from eBooks? I've used other fonts from Google, and they are correctly displayed in almost every app.
I need VAG because the client is using this font in the print version, and requires it to be in the eBook as well. Apple is going to be the major vendor, and it should work there. The free alternatives to the font (Fredoka One, Quicksand) are not so similar.
Before I get to your other post, our much-loved Wolfie, Jon, is a true curmudgeon who believes that all should do as he does, likes or wishes. He's a wonderful person, but he can sometimes conflate "good bookmaking practices" with "Jon's opinion on all things." :-) One Jon to Rule Them All, as it were.

(I did have bona fide issues with Quicksand in a print book. That's an entirely different discussion, unrelated to my opinion about the font.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote