View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Just added the book to my KT. Good example, yes.

One thing - probably best to recommend it is added manually by copying the file to the ereader filesystem. My first inclination was to put it in Calibre then use calibre to load it. Then I thought, Calibre may change some of the formatting - and that invalidate any tests done using the book.
Firstly, calibre won't change the formatting unless you tell it to. The formatting will change by a conversion started either manually or when sending a format to a device that doesn't support it. In this case, it won't do that. Calibre will always update the metadata in the book the latest version.

Having said that, keeping calibre out of this is a good idea. It reduces the number of possible differences between everyone's set up.

The book Lynx has suggested is good for testing. But, it has fixed line spacing and justifies the text. It might be an idea to find examples that don't do these things. The only other problem with it is that I have absolutely no desire to read it. But, that might be a good thing as I won't get distracted when testing things with it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote