View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hints:

It works with a rotated screen. However, the screen must be rotated when the app starts up, not afterwards.

Personally, I use this with USB networking configured to autostart. That way, I can just plug in the Kindle, press "Shift V U" and get going.

Windows users check out kranu's "eMonitor" thread. The software does a similar things and kranu mentions ways how to set up a virtual second display for Windows. I'm not to sure how to run vnc on one display out of many, though. I recommend to start with cloning your existing desktop. You'll probably want your kindle in landscape mode for that, so do the rotation before starting kindlevncviewer.

Last edited by hawhill; 09-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote