Thread: <body> style
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you are concerned about the page numbers on the right side of the screen for older Readers using an older ADE, don't use @page at all. Just set the left/right margins in body like so...

body {
margin-top: 5pt;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 16pt
}
Unfortunately this will lose the top margin once each XHTML file scrolls, (as already discussed earlier in this thread). @page really is the correct place to specify device level margins, but to handle ADE page numbers I use:

@page { margin:4pt 0 3pt 0 } and
body { margin:0 6pt 0 6pt; text-align:left }
p { text-align:left }

With my text left justified left this avoids most text clashes with ADE page numbers. For me 16pt uses up too much screen space, but could be more appropriate if you are using text-align:justify, (not supported on PRS-300.)

Last edited by Agama; 04-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote