View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alta88
you and jack should get together on this plugin idea

so, you mean regardless of the interval i have set in greatnews or manual force update, the tool pops max once an hour and then only gets last 40? i mean, i can see why, but..
I checked some of the most busy Y! Finance boards and once an hour seems to be a good interval to not miss any messages. More advanced clients like Greatnews will notice that the feed hasn't changed (they get a 304 header) and won't try to reload it every time you click on manual update.

The problem is that there are some smart people out there who update their feeds every 10 seconds (!) and that would definitely be a killer for a project like this one (not to mention Y! probably banning our server).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote