View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #34
thp1017
Connoisseur
thp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavensthp1017 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo, KT, KGlo, H2O, Libra
removing (essentially) all formatting?

While the css generator is very cool if you are working with input files from the same source, which are well-formatted, I've had some trouble if I'm converting books from various sources into a common output style for my kobo.

Personally, I'd to have something like all text in paragraph blocks set to 1em, with the line height at 0.9-ish em, with the rest of the tags just set to default (no scaling of line height in these, actually). If my input file has font-size, class, etc tags, that can become a real pain to achieve.

What I personally would love to see, is an option where, to a certain extent, the css generator ignore *all* attributes to the various html tags - so just keep <h1>, <h2>, ..., <p>, bold, italic, and so on - and ignore any and all attributes setting widths, heights, etc, and any css files and classes specified. Then what I'd see on my kobo is fairly consistent across all books!

The question is, then, is there a way to do this currently that I'm totally missing? I've dug around in the code some, and so far I can see where you might make changes to do this (cssflat, stylizer?), but I'm totally unfamiliar with python (more of a c++/java, plus some perl and bash scripting person)... any suggestions would be appreciated!
thp1017 is offline   Reply With Quote