View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #18
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis1 & Voyage, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
... Apple didn't drop support for Yosemite (released in 2014) until this year, so odds are they will continue to support Mojave for another 5 years.
Where are you getting this data?

As much as I'd like to think High Sierra has 4 more years ahead of it, as far as security updates go, Apple seems to drop support after roughly 3 years. The last security update Yosemite received was Sept 2017. The last security update El Capitan received was July 2018.

The most recent macOS security update, released 9/26/19, included only Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave.

At this rate, Mojave only has 2 more years, and High Sierra will stop receiving security updates next fall.

But I'd like to be wrong about this since I'm clinging to High Sierra.

from Apple Security Updates
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote