View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #14
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Also, if the series is a subset of the Primary, I use Hierarchical notation in the regular series column and use the index for the branch
eg Pern.Dragon Riders of or Pern. Harper_Hall
That's a great methodology. Unfortunately, it'd be really hard to code.
Like, which series goes first? How do I even detect that one is a subseries of the other?

Wikidata does not readily provide information to detect and make decisions on these things. Right now, pretty much a single query gets all the data for all the books. I'm not too keen on doing a second query for each book alternative unless I have to or unless it finds there is only a single book in the results.

I have preliminary series working. If wikidata doesn't have a series index, I set it to 0. If it is in two series, both are returned (and visible in the log) but calibre merges them, only keeping one set of series data, which presumably is somewhat random.

I'm open to suggestions on adjustments to this behavior; otherwise let me know if you'd like me to release it immediately, or wait for a few more features.

Last edited by compurandom; 12-17-2018 at 12:19 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote