View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
snlu178
snlu178 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
Ok having replicated this about 6 times I think I know what is going on.

Essentially, the news rss download is interrupted so Calibre writes a partial metadata.db-journal file and does not complete writing to metadata.db.

What I end up with is 3 corrupted files: the rss epub, metadata.db, metadata.db-journal.

None of these files will delete, my immediate fix is to rename the calibre folder, create a new folder and move everything but those three files to that new calibre folder. I then place a back-up metadata file so Calibre boots again.

However, I am left with 3 corrupted files that are locked to unix user/nobody. I have found that ftp in to my drive from outside my network allows me to delete them (resolves permissions issues because it requires a log-in).

I guess there is no real fix here, if a rss download is interrupted (loss of connection, my wife opening facebook and the download stopping) then these files end up this way. Its just a frustration because if I dont do as I stated above, the computer just crashes when I open Calibre (and dropbox since my calibre file is synced, and it wont sync corrupted files).

---end of rant---
snlu178 is offline   Reply With Quote