Thread: PRS-900 Sony, if you're listening
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #19
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I would like to see RSS feeds, to me they are pretty much the same as a newspaper subscription. However I dont think they need, nor do I want them, to open up the wifi completely. I think a model similar to Calibre would work fine, in our Sony software you 'subscribe' to a feed and then get it downloaded daily with the rest of your subscriptions. That would give Sony some control over it still and even let them charge a small fee for the service, which I'd be happy to pay (assuming it was small enough).

Opening up the reader and letting it surf the web is not some thing I'm interested in. Sure there is a lot of content out there that you can read, but there is a whole lot more of it that you cant, or that is not compatible with the eReader screen, dimensions, and experience.

The biggest advantage I see for wifi would be to let you connect to a home network to get your books from a server or desktop computer.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote