Thread: iLiad Tech Specs of Hardware
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #3
KewlKid38
KewlKid38 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
First you'd have to figure out how to get the iLiad to hibernate. They don't do that currently. The firmware will throttle the CPU in between page turns, but so far nobody that I know of has gotten the device to be able to hibernate. I think (although I'm not an expert) that the current kernel shipped with the iLiad does not support hibernation. That wasn't officially added until 2.6, and the iLiad comes with a 2.4 kernel.
I'm a new developer to the forums. I'm also yet to purchase my iLiad. This issue was one that has interested me and had me looking at code from iRex. Regarding the linux kernal and it's capablities.

According to the UP_APIC Powermanagement Patch e-mail found here. The suspend mode works fine.

I then checked the code from iRex and that patch appears to be available. I was thinking of just implementing that on my iLiad and seeing if I could get that to work as a simple win.

I also haven't seen or read anyone else talking about this method of fixing the problem. I was thinking it may not work because someone tried it at some point in time and wrote it off. Any opinions will be accepted kindly.
KewlKid38 is offline   Reply With Quote