View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 06:47 PM   #15
excaliber
Connoisseur
excaliber began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110
@DaltonST:
It matches by finding a Calibre book Path with a book filename that is identical to the Zotero file attachment filename. It ignores everything in the Paths except the final filename. If you change the Calibre filename in any way, it will no longer match. Hence, the strong warning about not changing Calibre Author or Title prior to completing the ZMI update.

Calibre is renaming the files when I import them. That's why it didn't work. After your hint I tried this:
Imported some files into Calibre.
I then imported the associated files the Library directory of Calibre (they were already renamed) into Zotero.
Then I I followed the procedure I mentioned before and it worked.
Then I did something I didn't know it was possible - I did drag'n'drop some files from Calibre to Zotero. This has also worked and and it's much easier...
It doesn't bother me if it's working like this, I only found weird that I have first to import files into Calibre and then into Zotero and then back to Calibre. Is this the normal procedure?

By definition those 2 plug-ins are hardcoded to do only a single thing (ISBN and Word Count/Pages) by reading the .pdf text, and parsing it.

OK. But why are you mentioning this? Did you see the attached screenshots? I mentioned these plugins as an example - a user can have already other fields and columns which could theoretically then assigned to the Zotero fields. In the case of these plugins: ISBN and Pages. I had already other custom columns in my Calibre configuration before I start using Zotero which could then be assigned to Zotero fields. If there is no option to unite them then they can appear twice in the Calibre columns. To me it doesn't make sense but I'm happy with this version. Again, it's only a suggestion...

The fact that I'm getting 2 columns in the details view is because of Calibre or ZMI? Or why in the 2nd column only the values are showing up?

Last edited by excaliber; 06-23-2016 at 07:10 PM.
excaliber is offline   Reply With Quote