View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
So far I see little benefit. Besides the cover, a book usually is B&W.
Perhaps it would be interesting for mobile internet devices;that support anything but displaying moving images (like flash, .mov, .avi, or moving GIF's).

So if they want to keep the 800x600 resolution, battery life will go from 8000 pageturns to 2600 pageturns, or from 2 weeks on a PRS-505 to 4,5 days of battery life.
I think the draw here is to store not just books, but things like how to books and manuals which are often heavily illustrated.

Also think of comic books. I know people who have enough of those to fill half of a garage. All in plastic covers arranged in long cardboard boxes.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote