Thread: Format deletion
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 05:26 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I hit the trashcan icon, the chosen format is removed from Calibre library, but the file still remains on the hard disk....
I created an empty text file ("DummyBook.txt") and added that to Calibre.

I then went in and edited the meta data. At that point the DummyBook.txt file showed in the list of formats.

I now reset the metadata to the correct value for the title, author, series, cover art etc. When I OK'ed this the BummyBook.txt file was not present in the new folder that was created because I changed the metadata. the only file present was the the cover.jpg file. If you selected the metadata option again from calibre then no formats were shown.

It occured to me that this technique would also allow for including books that I only have in paper form into my Calibre database - probably using a tag of PAPER to identify them
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote