View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 AM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I don't "like" RTF--I just already have a lot of stuff as Word docs & html files, and converting to RTF is insta-quick; converting to other things takes a bit of time & thought.

I've got somewhere between several dozen a few hundred fanfic stories collected, some of which I want to re-read, some of which I just saved out as html (usually as LiveJournal posts) for later reading... RTF is the quickest format for me to throw them into for putting on the reader.

I want Contents links & bookmarks... but after dealing with some Gutenberg files, I consider them perks rather than necessities. (I've installed Calibre & will start figuring out how to work with it. Can't directly go from my downloaded files to it; the downloads include header & sidebar stuff that needs to be removed.)

As to why I'd want to convert from LRF... because the Reader isn't the only way I read ebooks. Don't have any particular plans at the moment; just want to know whether books I acquire as LRF are convertible, or if LRF is an end-result only (like eReader .pdb files) and if I want to tinker with the shape of the content, I'll have to acquire it in another form as well.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote