View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerkit View Post
I understand that mobi does not support embedded fonts, but shouldn't it at least accept the directive to use sans-serif rather than serif, if my CSS directs it to?

My code is fine - all the other formats (EPUB, AZW3) are reading the embedded font without a problem. I'm converting with Calibre from an XHTML file. The CSS looks like this:

font-family: "Overlock", sans-serif;

MOBI, however, appears to ignore the whole thing and defaults to a serif font.

Any help to force a sans-serif font in MOBI would be hugely appreciated.

Do you mean mobi or prc? Do you mean for the K8-enabled devices or for the K7? Because K6/7 (the "old" mobi format for Kindle, Kindle2, DX, etc.) does not use CSS nor will it accept any font-face declarations via CSS. You can set a font to Courier monospaced, if you will (using html, not CSS), but that's it. If you are talking about K8, then, yes, you should be able to obtain a sans serif font, but it helps if you embed the actual fonts.

Hitch