Thread: Naming PDF's
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by malduin View Post
Its probably obvious to most people but I can't figure out how to rename my PDFs. I download text files from Gutenberg, change them to PDFs and rename the files in Calibre - so far so good. When I then transfer those files into ebook library my new names are ignored and the gutenberg url name is used. Is there anyway to retain my new file name? as the URL title is useless,

thanks
Just out of curiosity, why are you converting the text files to PDF of all formats? PDF is the worst to do anything with period!

I would highly recommend converting them to LRF (using calibre) instead of PDF.
Just import the text file into calibre, change the names etc, then hit the convert button. Calibre will automatically create a LRF file, which will have proper names etc.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote