View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #180
jhuynh
Enthusiast
jhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of lightjhuynh is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That still happens but to me, it is more a feature than a bug. If I accidentally wake up the Glo and then do nothing, it goes back to sleep instead of staying awake for whatever length the timeout is set for. Kind of reminds me of the way that if I unlock my car doors with the remote and then don't open a door within 30 seconds, they relock.

Regards,
David
I don't see how it's a feature in this case compared to the car analogy. When you open the sleep cover you expect to just be able to read it like a book. If you stopped near the top of the page and have a relatively small font there is no way you will be touching the screen before it times out and locks. I'm not sure but I haven't seen any official sleep cover from Kobo that doesn't have a strap to keep the cover from opening up. Also, why duplicate the functionality of the timeout setting? What you described is exactly what the timeout setting is for!

I know it's a really small thing to have to touch the screen when you open the cover but it is a very annoying bug when you don't do it and have to turn it back on.

Think about it. If you don't have a sleep cover it takes 1 step to turn it on(use the power switch). If you have the sleep cover it takes 2 steps (open cover and touch the screen to prevent sleep). Why would anyone want to get a sleep cover in this case?
jhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote