View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #495
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
If there was only one change that could be implemented in the new design, my wish would be to include more information on the initial 'hovering'.

Instead of just title and author, it would be so helpful to have title, series name and number and author.

Available copies and number of patrons on hold list is probably asking too much, but would also be welcome. Also a listing of available formats.

Having any or all of the above 'at a glance' would definitely make browsing NextGen more enjoyable than it is now.
I agree with the above request, but would ask to make it device friendly by implementing some way that would work on any device, whether it's a computer or something else. Hovering, unfortunately, requires a mouse or touchpad, which not even Windows 8 relies on any more.

And, I still would ask to add the ability to switch between classic view and redesigned view, to see all formats in all browsers, independently from the device used to browse at that particular moment, and the ability to actually see the complete TITLE of a book and the author's complete name.

Sigh, or ask the iOS app developers to lend the web developers a hand: at least they seem to know what they are doing!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote