View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #15112
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ross Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm abandoning this. I really liked his "Dragonman" novel, but this book is much more arbitrary and mythic — not at all to my taste. I've got three quarters of the way through (in the hopes that it would grow on me), but I just don't want to bother reading the rest.

Time for something light that I know I'll enjoy: Grantville Gazette #45. The latest (Jan 2013) in the series of short stories, serials and fact articles about Eric Flint's 1632 universe. Fun stuff.
Good for you. Abandoning bad books is something that isn't always easy, but good in the long run. Life's too short to waste in books you don't enjoy.

Somehow, when I wasn't looking, they suddenly released eBook versions of all the Ross Thomas books. So, I'm going to start from the very beginning with The Cold War Swap. I expect this to have stood the test of time, since it was always about the characters and the situations they put themselves in. And always extremely well written.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote