View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #55
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But don't you think that the ability to write clearly and well is a fundamental part of the job of a programmer? I spend far more time writing requirements specifications, design documents, etc, than I do writing code. If the customer doesn't understand your requirements spec, he's not going to sign it off and allow you to start work on the system.
Well, I work at a university and do not write requirement specifications. Writing maximally clearly often requires duplication of information. But it is very bad to have duplication in code or in design documents. Even requirement specifications should avoid duplications.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote