View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #10
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
We're finally taking baby steps towards ebook lending - I think so far there's about a handful of titles available, and it's also read-in-browser only, requiring a constant Internet connection.

I can't really see ebook lending take off like that. Certainly, people do read books on computers; some are even comfortable with it (in some cases, like for non-fiction / textbooks / reference books, it's even preferable to e-readers), but I doubt many would want to do that with the average fiction book borrowed from the library..
I'd agree, however, some of the new e-ink readers have web browsers now and a number of people read from tablets anyway.

Sure you will burn through power faster, but most people read at home so internet reading for fiction is now much more convenient than it was.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote