View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #395
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Most people would think of casual sharing as giving copies to family and friends.
Which you have redefined to not be piracy.
Ok, let's not argue about names.
My proposal aims at reducing piracy in general, especially that associated with the uncontrolled proliferation of copies of a file that now tends to happen once DRM has been removed from such file.
The only type of "piracy" that my proposal does not reduce (though it regulates it by linking file sharing to social links among people) is sharing media among people who are very close socially and affectively; so close, in fact, that they fully trust each other.
That said, calling this second type of sharing "piracy" is, in my view, a distortion forced upon us by scared-to-death publishers who can't control the other, large-scale, types of illegal distribution. Not only it's not "piracy": it's a key element in a well-functioning, sane society where culture is an important part of people's lives.
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote