View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekr25 View Post
So I attempted to update my kindle PW with the above directions. Everything went smooth until I entered the last command (Reboot into main: idme -d --bootmode main; reboot). A message appeared on the bottom of the device "N E failed to set usb0 ip, this is bad" over the advert on the bottom of the kindle. It won't power off, the screen isn't responding but it does connect via USBNET but not SSH if that make sense. I can see it in my Mac Network settings but can't ssh to it in terminal. Advice or have I just ruined my PW? Arggg
Ben
Try to just press the power button until the device reboots. The device should be usable despite that message (yes, I've also seen that message, and it actually didn't do any harm). If in doubt, restart the PW while it is disconnected (=without any USB cable). That should do.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote