View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #27
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you have it set to sit in the notification area? That's how you open in book. You swipe down the notification area and hit Screen Dim then the compact box opens up.
The notification area comes up when I swipe down from the home page (carousel). The screen dim app doesn't show under notifications.

In the settings of the app, there is an option for notification bar and to set it "when active" and "always". I've tried it both ways with no difference.

When I'm in a book, nothing happens if I swipe down. In the book, if I tap in the middle of the screen, I get the various kindle settings, such as Aa, go to, notes, X-Ray, Share and Bookmark. That's all. No screen dim.

I asked about this in the screen dim thread.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote