View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #1471
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Hello Addicts, I was wondering something which you no doubt must have the answer to. About DRM books which is what you guys buy. Can one make tweaks at the css file ? I mean does the DRM prevent you from accessing the css file or modifying it ?
I'm asking cause I read a preview of an e-book I might consider purchasing and I don't like the formatting there but I fear that if I purchase it that the DRM thing won't let me change anything in the css file. So is that the case ? And I'm talking about directly accessing the css file, not about modifying with Caliber which I don't use.
The CSS is encrypted too, usually. To change it you'd need to remove the DRM. However, once that's done you can just unzip, change the CSS file and rezip.

At least, you can for ePubs. For Kindle you'd need to use MobiUnpack and then Kindlegen to regenerate it.

To remove the DRM, of course, google "Apprentice Alf".
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote