View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #43
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
You guys? Hmmm, I'll let it rest.

Hakka? I don't think so. Are there a fair amount of similar sounding words or really a lot? Is the similarities between Hakka and Japanese like Danish and Norwegian, or more like Italian and Spanish? Did you know that there are several words that not only sound the same, but have the same meaning in Japanese and Finnish? I don't think any linguist would start to claim that there is a relationship between the languages because of that phenomena.

At the university where I worked we had a linguist that specialized in Hakka (although she spent most of her time studying the language in northern Thailand) and she never even once mentioned that there might be a relationship between Japanese and Hakka.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote