View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
It's 32 bit, but I'll give it a go, but it will have to be later seeing as its 4 am here.
IIRC, I can enable diags and usbnet on Linux fairly easily yes?
I use an ubuntu host PC, and an XP VM running in VirtualBox.

In diags you can save bootmode=fastboot using SSH (idme command) or using the "install fastboot bundle" in diags exit menu.

Disconnecting or resetting the USB connecting drops out of fastboot mode. VirtualBox does not reset the connection when switching the kindle between the Win VM and linux Host, so it works good for me. And now we have win32 fastboot to.

Instead of MfgTool, there is also an (unfinished) sbloader port from the RockBox project, which I have shared with a couple of devs. With a little work, it could replace MfgTool for a linux-only solution...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-23-2012 at 03:17 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote