View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #263
adamselene
Enthusiast
adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.adamselene can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Alt fonts' names are displayed in one horizontal line in Aa window, so width of this line is a limiter for number of displayed fonts. I guess, if you'll give one-letter names (A to G) to your fonts' typefaces, you'll see more than 3-4 alt fonts in the Aa window.
I thought that at first, but I currently have 6 fonts displaying in two lines in the window. I cannot explain how it decides what to display.

Quote:
Also, fonts' names are displayed in alphabetical order, aren't they? Does your case with ITC Berkeley contradicts with this observation?
No, it doesn't contradict the alphabetical ordering, but for some reason in that case it displayed two lines—the second with the builtin fonts and just part of the ITC Berkeley name trailing at the end.

Quote:
This way isn't hack at all. It's a "stock feature". I mean, it was intentionally implemented by Amazon programmers, I've just discovered it.
There are lots of things the software can do that are not advertised. This one is clearly not well tested.
adamselene is offline   Reply With Quote