View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The one thing that I seriously don't get is subjective comments about other peoples' preferences.

If you aren't bothered by something, fine. Actually, this entire thread is a non-issue for you. So why do you paradoxically feel that need to step in and explain to other people that it is no big deal?
Because it is a fascinating insight into other people's personality traits. To see someone say that they are "jarred out of my post-finishing revere by a blast of targetting advertising" is interesting to me and makes me wonder how they function in life. Do they never watch TV, do they rip the covers off paperbacks to avoid the "jarring" advertising of the authors other works on the back cover?

Just because we don't agree doesn't mean we can't comment or take an interest. Would you rather live in a world where only people who agreed were allowed to comment? Would you prefer to never have your views or preferences questioned in any way, only reinforced by people who support you 100%? Sounds like a pretty closed-minded existence to me.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote