View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
ElsieC
Zealot
ElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi.

I don't have a Cruz but I take books out from the library often so I will to explain what I do. Hopefully, these steps work the same with the Cruz as with my ereader. First, I will assume that there is some type of software that allows you to read ebooks on the tablet. I do not have to be online to read books from the library and I do not have to have Adobe Digital Editions installed on my ereader. I DO have to have Adobe Digital Editions on my PC.

From my PC, I download a book I have checked out from the library. During the download, Adobe Digital Editions opens and the book appears. The EPUB file is now located on my PC in My Documents/My Digital Editions. I close Adobe Digital Editions and start Calibre. I choose Add Books, navigate to My Computer/My Digital Editions, and select the book I just checked out. I use Calibre to convert the book from EPUB to EPUB to set some formatting that I prefer on my ereader. I then connect my ereader to the PC with the USB cable (my ereader does not have wireless, I assume if I had wireless I could do this part without needing the USB cable) and choose Send to Device. The book is now on my ereader and also still on my hard drive. I can read it without being online (since my reader can't even go online) and I don't have Adobe Digital Editions installed on the ereader, but I do have Adobe Digital Editions installed on my PC.

I hope that wasn't too confusing and that it helps. If my steps are incorrect for your device, I am sure someone who has more knowledge can correct any mistakes I've made.

ElsieC
ElsieC is offline   Reply With Quote