View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmithBooks View Post
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
P {text-indent: 30pt;}
-->
</STYLE>

(just put a <p> code at beginning of each paragraph, </p> at end, and a simple search and replace)
OO will automatically generate a passable CSS style sheet, but all of the HTML processors strip it out as a matter of course. Both Goodreads and DeviantArt do, and Goodreads adds injury to injury by also processing tabs and space- based indents out of .txt files as well.

Quote:
I'm not very HTML literate, but aren't there any provisions for defining styles within the HTML document (besides separate CSS files)?

Personally, I am so accustomed to reading block paragraphs a la internet style that I don't care about first line indents, just double-space each paragraph. No biggie. I long ago go over the hang-up that block paragraphs are a format fit only for "fanfic- spewing phillistines" (sic) since worldwide, far more words are published in block paragraphs (by a large margin) than traditional first line indent-style.

'Course, then again, I much favor Mr. Labatt's finest beverage over "fancy-pants" beverages such as wine, so I'm definitely of the more blue-collar, pragmatic, utilitarian aesthetic.
Indents are where I draw the line in the sand. If I'm seriously writing, I want someone to be able to format it like I'm seriously writing. Block formatting doesn't feel like serious writing.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote