View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #90
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
If you add the ability to do a lookup via commercial, third-party dictionaries like the OED or Oxford American English, that would be outstanding.

I guess the best solution would be to figure out how to add these commercial dictionaries to Android, so they could be called by any program via the standard API. I'd buy that solution in a heartbeat. Obviously, the dictionaries would cost extra.

I know that several dictionaries like the OED are available on Android, but as far as I can tell, they only allow word lookup within the dictionary app. They don't seem to integrate into the Android API for use wthin another app.
Searched http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list but couldn't seem to find such a request (dictionary API), maybe you can start one? I'll star it afterwards.

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote