Thread: Touch Nook issues with PDF
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
I share your opinion. My PRS-950 does a much better job with PDF than any other e-ink device I've tried. Sony has put effort into making their PDF feature set as robust as possible, while Amazon and B&N skate by with the bare minimum.

Even my little PRS-350 handles PDFs better than you might think, especially with 2 or 3 column layouts.
Actually Kindle is a little more than 'minimum'. The contrast adjustment is very useful in making small text more readable. And there is zoom/pan, annotation, landscape.

Nook has none of these, but does have PDF Reflow.

The thing I miss most on both is link support. My Pocket eDGe has this (as well as most of the above), plus the ability to extract a navigable table of contents from PDFs that have one. And you can easily open the PDF on its LCD screen for color and better zooming Unfortunately it is not very ergonomic and needs frequent recharging. And it is just weird.

Sony has the best small screen implementation for sure though.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote